Chickpea Flour Peanut Butter Protein Pancakes
These soft and fluffy melt in mouth Chickpea Flour Peanut Butter Protein Pancakes are made with all the nutritious ingredients. The combination of gluten free chickpea flour, along with fresh ground peanut butter and sweetened with pure maple syrup and a banana is one of my favorite breakfast.
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup fresh ground peanut butter
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 whole banana (mashed)
In a large mixing bowl combine chickpea flour, baking powder and salt. Then, mix it very well until all the ingredients are well blended.
In another large mixing bowl combine almond milk, peanut butter, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Whisk it extremely well until no lumps are left. (this may take about 2-3 minutes)
Then pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients along with mashed banana (as shown in the video above).
Whisk is very nicely until a batter is formed (as shown in the video above)
Heat a nonstick crepe pan and grease it. Pour about ¼ cup of the batter onto the pan. Let it cook until the pancake rises and form small holes. Flip it to the other side and cook again until light golden – brown in color. Repeat the same process for the entire batch of the batter.
Serve these warm with your choice of toppings.
- This recipe makes about 6 pancakes and the serving size is 2 pancakes each person.
- These pancakes are also make-ahead breakfast/brunch. They stay good in the refrigerator for 4-5 days. Simply warm them in a microwave and add your choice of toppings.
- These pancakes tastes best with a dollop of peanut butter and lots of berries. These pancakes are sweet enough but you may pour some more maple syrup as per your taste.
Calories: 367kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 13g | Sodium: 223mg | Potassium: 567mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 20g | Calcium: 119mg | Iron: 2.1mg