Black Beans Curry
This Black Beans Curry is a fusion recipe made with Indian spices. It's protein rich and satisfying. It's quick and easy to make and pairs well with quinoa or brown rice.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg powder
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
- 1/4 tsp ginger powder
- 1 tsp dried fenugreek leaves
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut milk (tetra pack)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Pinch of sugar
- 1 14oz can black beans (drained and rinsed)
Heat oil in a nonstick pan and add onions. Saute until golden brown.
Add all the spices to it and saute for another 30 seconds.
Add coconut milk, salt and sugar. Cook uncovered for 5 minutes or until the first boil.
Add black beans, mix and cook again for 5 minutes.
Serve over boiled quinoa or brown rice.
- Dried fenugreek leaves are easily available in any Indian store.
- This recipe tastes best when served immediately. However, it lasts for 2-3 days in the refrigerator in an air tight glass container.
Calories: 313kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 26g | Sodium: 314mg | Potassium: 316mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 74IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 23mg | Iron: 2mg