This Indian style Masala Pasta is heavenly in taste and lip-smacking comforting. It’s an easy flavor packed kid friendly dish. It’s the best weeknight dinner or a great lunchbox meal.
Cook pasta as per package instructions and keep it aside. Before draining pasta reserve ¼ cup of its water and keep that aside as well.
Heat oil in a nonstick pan and sauté garlic and onion until translucent.
Add green bell peppers and sauté for 30 seconds.
Add carrots, peas and corn and mix well. Let it cook for 1 minute on medium – high flame.
Add nutritional yeast and cheddar cheese and mix well until the cheese melts and the vegetables become sticky.
Add turmeric, chili powder, coriander powder, garam masala to it and mix well.
Add the reserved pasta water, pasta and salt. Mix well. Let it cook for 1-2 minutes on low-medium flame. Mix again and turn it off.
Garnish with cilantro and serve hot.
- While cooking pasta as soon as the water starts to bubble and the starches takeover measure ¼ cup of that keep it aside for later use. Once pasta is cooked drain the rest of the water and keep the pasta aside also.
- Any veggies of your choice can be used in this pasta recipe.
- You may substitute nutritional yeast and vegan cheddar cheese with parmesan and regular cheddar cheese as well.
- This tastes best when served immediately but the leftovers can be refrigerated for about 3-4 days. Warm it well in microwave before serving.
- I have used ancient grain gluten free pasta that’s low in carb. You may use any pasta of your choice. The nutritional value will vary depending on the type of pasta you use in this recipe.
Calories: 280kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 105mg | Potassium: 103mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 198IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 14mg | Iron: 1mg