Vegan Apple Crisp
This easy Vegan Apple Crisp is perfectly baked with warm spices and is a must Fall dessert! Its oil free, nut free and made with simple ingredients. Serve it with vegan ice cream and enjoy this deliciousness with your loved ones.
Chop apples along with its skin and place them in a large mixing bowl.
Add cornstarch, cinnamon, cardamom, nutmeg and ginger to it. Give it a nice toss.
Pour in maple syrup and lemon juice into it and mix it very well.
Spoon it out on the prepared baking dish and spread it evenly. Keep it aside.
In another bowl combine oat flour and salt and toss it well.
Add maple syrup and dairy free milk to it and whip it with a spoon.
Fold in rolled oats and mix well. It will be dough like consistency.
Then, spread it on the apple filling with your hands evenly covering the dish properly.
- I baked this with apple skin and it tasted better for us. I tried it without skin too and it works fine also so you may peel the skin if desired. However, this tastes best with its skin.
- Make sure to use Honeycrisp apples for this recipe.
- The leftovers can be refrigerated in the same dish covered with aluminum foil or cling wrapper for about 10 days. Re-bake in the oven at 350-degree Fahrenheit for about 10 minutes to serve.
- I tried baking this recipe without greasing the baking dish and maple syrup sticks to the pan too much and parchment paper dries up the sauce a bit more than required. Therefore, it is important to grease your baking dish lightly so that you can scoop this dessert easily and cleaning of the dish also becomes easy.
- Instant pot option: Prepare the filling and the topping as mentioned in the above instructions. Then grease the inner pot of the instant pot and spread the filling first. Then, add 1/4 cup water to it and spread the topping on it evenly. Close the lid and seal the valve. Turn it on at high for 4 minutes. When done, turn it off and release the pressure. Do not open the lid and let it rest for 2 minutes ( this helps in thickening the sauce). Open the lid and enjoy.
- This recipe comes out crispier in oven and a bit softer in instant pot.
Calories: 229kcal | Carbohydrates: 53g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 106mg | Potassium: 194mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 25g | Vitamin A: 22IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 72mg | Iron: 1mg