Air Fryer Eggplant
This delicious Air Fryer Eggplant is crunchy and crispy vegan appetizer with utmost comforting taste. It’s a great snack for all ages and is packed with nutrition. It’s dipped into chickpea flour batter and rolled into panko crumbs and finished with vegan cheese.
- 1 medium regular eggplant
Slice eggplant into round shape into ¼ inch thickness and keep them aside.
In mixing bowl combine all the batter ingredients and whip it into a smooth batter. Keep panko ready in a separate large flat plate and parmesan cheese in a separate bowl.
Now, dip the sliced eggplant into the batter and coat it well.
With the help of a fork or a tong or fingers roll the batter eggplant into panko crumbs.
Place it in the air fryer basket. Repeat the above steps for the rest of the eggplant slices and place them in the basket until the basket is full. Top each slice generously with parmesan cheese. (Depending on the size of your air fryer you ay have to do this in 2-3 batches).
Attach the air fryer basket to the air fryer and turn it on at 350 degree for 12 minutes. Once done, turn it off and detach the basket. Take out the crispy eggplants and enjoy immediately with marinara sauce or ketchup.
- Oven option: After coating and rolling as in step 4 and step 5 place each eggplant slice in a cookie sheet / baking sheet that is covered with parchment paper. Place it in the preheated oven at 400-degree Fahrenheit for 25 minutes or until golden brown and crispy. Once done, take it out and turn the oven off. Enjoy immediately.
- Depending on the size of your eggplant this recipe makes roughly 20 slices and the serving size is 4 slices each.
- I used small-medium sized eggplant in this recipe. If your eggplant is slightly on a larger side then you may also have to make another batch of the batter.
- Make sure to buy a bit firm eggplant which has no spots on its skin.
Calories: 163kcal | Carbohydrates: 85g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 101mg | Potassium: 181mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 16IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 38mg | Iron: 2mg