Butternut Squash Salad
This crunchy, warm and festive Butternut Squash Salad is a medley of seasonal produce with delectable flavors. It’s made with simple dressing and has a sweet and salty taste to it. Its vegan, gluten free and super easy to make along with being perfect for all ages.
- 3 cups chopped butternut squash
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- salt as per taste
- freshly ground black pepper (as per taste)
Preheat oven at 400-degree Fahrenheit and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper. Combine the roasting ingredients in the baking sheet and toss with a spoon. Place it in the middle rack of the oven and bake it for 25-30 minutes or until butternut squash is brown and soft from inside. Once done, take it out and keep it aside.
In the meanwhile, in a blender combine all the dressing ingredients and blend it smooth. Then strain it with the help of a strainer and keep it aside in a glass bowl.
Now, in a salad bowl, combine all spinach, onions (if using), then roasted butternut squash and then the rest of the ingredients. Toss it with he dressing and serve immediately.
- While chopping butternut squash try to chop them into smaller squares rather than very big ones. Bite size pieces are mostly preferred for this salad.
- This tastes best when served immediately.
- I used store bough ready use chopped butternut squash in this recipe from the fresh section. Do not use frozen chopped butternut squash for this recipe.
Calories: 322kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 15mg | Potassium: 348mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 1752IU | Vitamin C: 21mg | Calcium: 34mg | Iron: 1mg