Pecan Pie Bars
These delicious warm Pecan Pie Bars are ultimate holiday dessert. Its made with a combination of oats, quinoa and almond flour at the base and filled with easy maple chia filling. It is vegan, gluten free, oil free and no corn syrup.
Preheat oven at 350-degree Fahrenheit and grease a 6 inch or an 8-inch square/rectangle baking dish and the stick the parchment paper in it. In a mixing bowl combine all the dry ingredients of the bars and mix it well until there are no lumps.
Now, add oat milk to the dry ingredients and make sticky dough. (use your hands to make the dough. It should be binding but we do not need a smooth dough).
Now, spoon it out in the prepared baking dish and spread it evenly with the spatula. Place it in the middle rack of the oven and bake it for 15 minutes or until the dough dries up. (do not insert tooth pick, just touch its top gently with your finger and it should feel dry).
In the meanwhile, blend the pie filling ingredients (expect pecans) in a blender as smooth as possible.
Now, pour it in a mixing bowl and stir in chopped pecans nicely.
Take out the baked dough from the oven and pour the filling on it evenly spreading it with a spatula.
Place it again in the oven and bake for about 25minutes. Once done turn it off and take it out. Place the baking pan on a flat surface and let it settle down for 5 minutes. Gently, take out the parchment paper making sure that the bars do not break. Place it on a flat surface and slice it with a sharp knife. Enjoy!
- Measure the pecans before chopping.
- It is important to grease the baking pan before placing the parchment paper because we want the parchment paper to stick to the baking dish so that while spreading the dough the parchment paper does not come off.
- While spreading the dough in the baking pan make sure to hold the parchment paper and the baking pan together and press the spatula a bit and quickly spread it.
- Do not use a baking g pan bigger than 8 inches. If you use 9 inch the maple syrup will drizzle off from the dough and crystalize at the ends. In that case after slicing simply break those crystalized maple syrup from the sides.
- These can be stored at room temperature for about a week in an air tight container.
- This recipe makes 9 bars and the serving size is 1 bar per person.
Calories: 178kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 91mg | Potassium: 135mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 20IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 58mg | Iron: 1mg