Lentil Sweet Potato Salad with Green Sauce
Lentil Sweet Potato Salad with Green Sauce is packed with nutrition and taste. Its easy, quick and yet protein rich with balanced nutrients.
For the dressing
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1/4 cup raw cashew nuts
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg powder
- 1/8 cup dairy free milk
For the salad
- 2 cups green lentils (cooked and drained)
- 1 cup chopped sweet potatoes (boiled)
- 1/2 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1/2 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
In a blender combine all the dressing ingredients and blend until smooth and creamy.
In a salad bowl combine all the salad ingredients.
Toss in the dressing and garnish with more cashew nuts.
- If desired you may add more spinach leaves to the salad ingredients.
- Any milk of your choice can be used dairy free or regular.
- Measure the lentils after boiling and draining.
- The dressing for this salad can be made ahead of time and refrigerated for 5-6 days in an air tight container.
Calories: 428kcal | Carbohydrates: 73g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 309mg | Potassium: 912mg | Fiber: 28g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 817IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 71mg | Iron: 7mg