Jalapeno Tempeh Cheese Sandwich
This quick fix Jalapeno Tempeh Sandwich is absolutely desirable for any meal of the day. Its an easy vegan grab and go lunch.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 whole jalapeno peppers (chopped)
- 1 8 oz pack of original tempeh (crumbled)
- 1/4 cup vegan soft cheese (herb garlic flavored)
- Salt as per taste
- 1/2 tsp crushed chili flakes
- 10 slices whole grain loaf
Heat oil in a pan and saute chopped jalapeno until golden color.
Add crumbled tempeh and cook on medium flame until brown in color stirring at intervals
Add cheese and mix well. (In order for the cheese to mix well with tempeh whip it first in a bowl and then mix in the pan). Add salt and crushed chili flakes. Mix and cook for couple of minutes. Turn off the flame.
Spread the stuffing on the bread slices, add more cheese on the stuffing (if you are a cheese lover), cover it with another slice of bread and make a sandwich in a sandwich maker or on a pan or grill it.
Enjoy these immediately.
- The stuffing can be made ahead of time and can be refrigerated.
- I used vegan cashew soft cheese (herb garlic flavor) from Treeline tree nut cheese. You can use any other cashew base flavored soft cheese.
- It tastes really good with additional cheese in the sandwich as one of the layer along with the stuffing.
- Depending on your palate you may increase the spice level by not deseeding the jalapeno peppers.
- For those who do not follow vegan diet can use regular garlic herb flavored soft cheese or garlic herb flavored cream cheese. (If not available then just whip up regular cream cheese along with dried garlic, dried basil, dried chives, dried parsley and salt if desired).
- For gluten free option - make sure to buy gluten free tempeh that does not contain wheat. Make this sandwich in a gluten free berad that is easily available in the stores or your home bakes gluten free breads. To avoid carbs in your diet this tempeh stiffing amazing as a lettuce wrap. I personally prefer it as a lettuce wrap.
Calories: 264kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin C: 1mg