– 1 cup raw cashew nuts (soaked in warm water and drained) – 1 1/2 cups unsweetened coconut milk (tetra pack) – 1/2 cup nutritional yeast – salt to taste – freshly crushed black pepper
In a blender combine drained cashew nuts, coconut milk, nutritional yeast, salt and pepper. Blend it smooth and until creamy. Keep it aside.
– 1 tbsp olive oil – 1/2 cup chopped onion – 1 tsp fresh/dried minced garlic – 1 tsp onion powder – 4 cups baby spinach – 1 can of artichoke in brine (drained, rinsed and chopped) – 1 tsp dried/fresh parsley – 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
– Heat 1 tbsp. oil in a nonstick pan or 3 tbsp. oil in a cast iron pan and sauté onion in it for 1 minute. – Add garlic and onion powder to it and sauté until onions are translucent. – Toss in spinach and sauté until all the leaves wither.
– Now, toss in chopped artichoke, parsley, apple cider vinegar. Mix well at medium -high flame.
– Stir in blended cashew mixture and mix well until bubbles start to form. Taste test at this point and adjust salt and pepper.
– Spread it evenly in the pan and let it cook at low-medium flame for 5-7 minutes or until it thickens.
– Garnish with chili flakes and serve hot in the same pan with toasted baguette or veggie sticks.