– 2 tsp olive oil – 2 tbsp chopped celery – 1/2 cup chopped onion – 1 cup canned crushed tomatoes – 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper powder – 1/2 tsp crushed chili flakes
– 1 tsp cumin powder – 1/2 tsp oregano – 1 tbsp maple syrup – 1 15 oz canned black beans (rinsed) – 1 15 oz canned red kidney beans (rinsed) – 2 cups vegetable broth – salt as per taste
– Turn on sauté mode of your instant pot and heat oil in it. Then, sauté celery and onions in it until onions are translucent.
– Add canned crushed tomatoes, chili flakes, cayenne pepper powder, oregano and cumin powder to it. Stir properly. Mix in maple syrup and stir again.
– Fold in black beans and kidney beans to it. – Pour vegetable broth and season it with salt. Stir and close the lid. Cancel the sauté mode and seal the valve. Turn it on at manual high for 10 min.
– Once done release the pressure and open the lid. Stir and mash the beans with a food masher. (Roughly mash them, not very fine).Cover lightly with the lid and let it rest for 4-5 minutes. This thickens the stew. – Open the lid and garnish. Serve hot.
Garnishes – chopped cilantro – avocado – tortilla chips – vegan sour cream