– 1 cup pitted dates (soaked in warm water an drained) – 1 cup oat flour – 1 cup brown rice flour – 1/4 tsp salt – 1/2 cup oat milk
– Combine all the crust ingredients in a food processor and pulse it or blend it into until it starts to stick to each other or becomes almost like a dough.
– Take it out and place it on the greased pie pan. Shape it in a pie shape covering the pie pan nicely and bake it in the middle rack of the oven for 10 minutes. (Do not overbake it). Take it out and let the oven be on. Keep it aside.
– 1 large boiled and peeled sweet potato or 2 cups mashed sweet potato – 1/4 cup maple syrup – 1 tbsp vanilla extract – 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder – 1/2 tsp cardamom powder – 1/8 tsp ginger powder – 1/8 tsp nutmeg powder
– In the same food processor combine all the filling ingredients and blend it until smooth. – Spoon it out on the baked crust and spread it evenly with a flat spatula. – Place it again in the middle rack of the oven and bake it for 30 minutes. Take it out and keep it aside. Turn off the oven.
- blend all the topping ingredients in a blender.
– Spoon it out as the last layer of topping at the center of the pie. Spread it at the center. Do not cover the entire pie. Just the large and thick round layer at the center. – Place the entire pie in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to settle.
– Take it out, sprinkle some more cinnamon powder if desired. Slice and enjoy.