Mexican Coleslaw Salad
This crunchy Mexican Coleslaw salad is tossed in oil free flavorful creamy dressing. It’s healthy and satisfying along with being vegan and gluten free. It’s perfect for potlucks or BBQs.
For the dressing
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds ( unroasted and unsalted)
- 1/4 cup raw cashew nuts (whole)
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning mix
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 tsp mustard powder
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup unsweetened dairy free milk
- 1/2 tsp salt or as per taste
For the salad
- 3 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup julienned carrots
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced orange/yellow bell pepper
- 1 15oz can of black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 whole jalapeno pepper ( finely chopped)
- 1/2 of whole avocado ( chopped)
In a blender combine all the dressing ingredients
(except salt) and blend it until smooth and creamy. Spoon it out in a bowl and
stir in salt. Keep it aside.
In a salad bowl combine all the salad ingredients
Now, fold in the dressing into the salad vegetables and toss the salad well.
Lastly, gently mix in avocado making sure avocado does not break.
- This salad tastes best when served immediately.
- If possible, let the dressing sit for 5-10 minutes for all the flavors to blend well into each other.
- The dressing can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator in a glass container for about a week.
- I have provided step wise images above in the post for your reference.
Calories: 249kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 102mg | Potassium: 129mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 117IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 7mg | Iron: 1mg