Broccoli Oatmeal Breakfast Casserole
Broccoli Oatmeal Breakfast Casserole is a great combination of veggies and whole grains! Its a satisfying and healthy make ahead breakfast.
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups dry old quick oats
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 8oz silken tofu ( mashed)
- 3 tbsp dairy free milk
Preheat the oven at 350 degree Fahrenheit. Prepare 8 inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
Grind the broccoli separately in a food processor and combine it with oats, cayenne pepper powder, baking powder and salt.
In another bowl mash silken tofu and whip it with milk.
Now, fold in tofu mixture to the dry ingredients.
Spoon the batter into the baking dish and place it in the oven. Bake it for 25-30 minutes or until the fork comes out clean.
Once done turn off the oven and take it out of it. Slice into desired slices and serve hot with ketchup.
- For non vegan option - you may use 4 large eggs instead of silken tofu. Regular cow's milk can be substitute for dairy free milk.
- This recipe tastes best when eaten the same day. Store the leftovers in the refrigerator for 1-2 days.
Calories: 255kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 455mg | Potassium: 326mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 257IU | Vitamin C: 31mg | Calcium: 118mg | Iron: 1mg