Healthy Vegan Potato Salad
This creamy and crunchy Healthy Vegan Potato Salad is definitely a show stopper on the table spread! It’s oil free and made with few simple ingredients. Along with being a make ahead salad it is deliciously satisfying.
- 3 whole regular sized red potatoes
- 1/2 cup shredded/chopped red cabbage
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery stalk
- 3 tbsp oil free vegan mayo
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp crushed black pepper
- 1/2 tsp fresh/dried dill (chopped)
- Salt as per taste
Boil the red potatoes in a sauce pan until tender. Insert the fork to check its tenderness. They should be soft but firm and not mushy.
Take them out of the water and cool them. Then peel the potatoes with the peeler and chop them into 1 inch size.
In a salad bowl combine all the salad ingredients and toss them gently making sure that potatoes do not break.
Adjust the salt and garnish it with a little more fresh/dried dill.
Serve it immediately or refrigerate it for 30 minutes if you prefer it cold.
- I have specifically used oil free vegan mayo that I made earlier in this blog. However, you may use your choice of mayo too. But the nutritional facts may vary depending on the type of mayo that you use in this salad recipe.
- This salad tastes best when served cold. Therefore, I prefer to refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving. Store the leftovers in an air tight glass container for about a week.
- I have provided step wise images above in the post for your reference.
Calories: 286kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 85mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Iron: 1mg