Seitan and Pasta in Spicy Peanut Sauce
Seitan and Pasta in Spicy Peanut Sauce is a vegan creamy, protein rich and hot enough to set your taste buds on fire. It's perfect to satisfy the cravings if you are someone who loves spicy food.
- 1 8 oz pack of seitan (original/plain strip)
- 2 cups cooked penne ( regular/whole/ancient grain)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp crushed raw peanuts (to garnish)
Heat a frying pan and dry roast the ¼ cup of peanuts for 1 minute stirring once at 30 seconds. Turn off the flame. Cover and let it cool in the pan.
When cooled Take out the peanuts on a kitchen towel and rub them so the skin of the peanuts comes out.
In a blender combine all the ingredients of the peanut sauce and blend it smooth.
Heat the same frying pan again and grease it with cooking spray.
Saute seitan strips until golden brown at a medium flame.
Pour the peanut sauce over seitan. Cover and cook for couple of minutes or until couple of boils on a medium flame.
Stir it gently and reduce the flame. Toss in pasta. Mix and add ¼ cup water.
Cook again for 1 minute. Turn off the flame.
Garnish with crushed peanuts and adjust salt and then serve warm.
- If desired you may use 1 tbsp vegetable broth to saute seitan strips instead of cooking spray.
- This is a spicy recipe so if desired reduce the dry red chili to 2 instead of 3.
- I used store bought precooked seitan for this recipe. Feel free to use homemade seitan as well for this recipe.
- I used raw peanuts with skin for the peanut sauce. Feel free to use roasted peanuts without skin (unsalted).
- For us the salt was perfect so there was no need to add more salt. However, feel free to adjust salt as per your taste preference.
Calories: 352kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 715mg | Potassium: 75mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Calcium: 14mg | Iron: 1mg