Persimmon Habanero Soup
Persimmon Habanero Soup as the name suggests has a subtle sweetness and prominent spicy flavor. This soup is very low in calories and has 0 fats especially if you use your own homemade oil free vegetable broth. Also, not to forget it’s cozy yet satisfying.
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 whole persimmons (seeds removed and chopped)
- 1 whole habanero pepper (deseeded)
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp dried garlic
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- Salt as per taste
In a saucepan combine all the ingredients and let it boil for 5-7 minutes or until persimmons are soft and mushy.
Pour the soup in a blender and blend it smooth. Top it with almond crackers or pair it with a side bread.
- I used oil free homemade vegetable broth for this recipe.
- This soup tastes best when served immediately. However, refrigerate the leftovers for 3-4 days.
- For instant pot option - combine all the ingredients in the instant pot. Close the lid and seal the valve. Turn it on in the soup mode or at manual high for 10 minutes. Once done, release the pressure and open the lid. Blend it with immersion blender and adjust the seasoning.
Calories: 114kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 16g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1412mg | Potassium: 18mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 751IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Iron: 1mg