Nut Free Vegan Cream Cheese
Easy peasy Nut Free Vegan Cream Cheese is creamy, thick and delicious to the taste buds! It’s made with healthy ingredients and works great as a spread on toast or bagels or in sandwiches.
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds (raw with no shell and unsalted)
- 1/2 of 15 oz extra firm tofu ( not silken)
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp dairy free milk
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp powdered white sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
Soak sunflower seeds in hot boiling water for 5
minutes. Darin it and keep it aside.
In the food processor/blender combine drained
sunflower seeds, tofu, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar and dairy free milk. Blend
it smooth until creamy. Stop at intervals if required to scrape from the
Spoon it out into a glass mixing bowl and stir in
onion powder, sugar and salt. (Do not steel mixing bowl as lemon juice might react to it and the taste of this spread might change).
Cover and refrigerate it for at least 3 hours.
Take it out and spread it over your bagels/toast/sandwiches and
- Preferably unsweetened tetra pack coconut milk tastes best in this recipe. However, unsweetened almond milk/oat milk/hemp milk can also be used.
- The tofu here does not need to be pressed but drain the excess water from the package.
- This recipe tastes best the next day. The longer they stay in the refrigerator the better this cream cheese tastes. Therefore, let it rest a minimum of 3 hours before spreading it over your toast/bagel/sandwiches.
- Refrigerate the leftovers in an air tight glass container about 2 weeks.
- This recipe makes about 1 ¾ cups.
- I have provided step wise images in the post above for your reference.
Calories: 27kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 118mg | Potassium: 30mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 12IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 7mg | Iron: 1mg