Herbed Black Rice Soup
This soothing and antioxidant loaded Herbed Black Rice Soup sis absolutely desirable. This bowl of nutrition is made with interesting flavors.
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup chopped Roma tomatoes
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp fresh oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried garlic
- 1 cup cooked non glutinous Forbidden black rice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp crushed black pepper
- 1/2 tsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- Pinch of dried basil (to garnish)
In a saucepan combine vegetable broth and tomatoes and boil for couple of minutes or until tomatoes are tender and soft. Remove the pan from the flame and let it cool.
Once the broth cools down blend it smooth in a blender.
In a nonstick pan heat oil and add fresh oregano and garlic. Immediately add cooked black rice and saute well until black rice is well coated with the herbs.
Now add the blended broth and let it boil for a minute.
Now add rest of the ingredients (except basil) and cook for 4-5 minutes.
Turn off the flame and garnish with dried basil and serve warm.
- While cooking black rice follow the package instructions except do not add salt to reduce the sodium content of this recipe.
- For oil free version - simply skip the oil in step 3. Just combine all the ingredients to the blended soup and cook for few minutes and serve immediately.
Calories: 275kcal | Carbohydrates: 52g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 1719mg | Potassium: 53mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 501IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Iron: 1mg