Creamed Corn Casserole
This creamed Corn Casserole is a perfect holiday bake! Its
rich and crunchy in every bite. Made with few simple ingredients and is
bursting with flavors.
- 2 tsp vegan butter
- 1 12 oz packet of corn kernels (frozen)
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut milk (tetra pack)
- 1 tsp salt or as per taste
- 1 tsp crushed black pepper or as per taste
- 1/4 cup plant based plain cream cheese
- 1/2 tbsp flour (regular/gluten free)
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
Preheat oven at 400 degree Fahrenheit and prepare an 8 inch square/rectangle baking dish.
In the meantime, melt butter in a nonstick pot/pan on the stove top and saute corns in it for 2-3 minutes or until corn mixes well with butter.
Then, stir in coconut milk, salt and pepper.
Add cream cheese and stir continuously until it melts nicely in the corn mixture (about 1-2 minutes).
Then, mix in flour and stir continuously until there are no lumps. Cover and cook for 20-30 minutes on low-medium flame until the milk starts to thicken and corns are softer.
Pour the corn mixture in the baking dish and top it with panko evenly in one layer.
Place the baking dish in the oven and bake it for 25-30 minutes or until panko changes to golden in color.
Turn off the oven and take the dish out. Place it on a flat surface and serve immediately.
- This recipe tastes best when served immediately.
- For storing: However, it can be refrigerated in the baking dish itself by covering it with a lid or an aluminum foil for 2 days. Reheat in the oven preferable to maintain the crunch of panko in this recipe.
- Using another vessel: You may make this recipe in a Dutch oven. Follow until step 6. Then turn off the flame and top it with panko evenly in one layer. Place the Dutch oven in the oven and bake as mentioned in step 8 above (In this case no other baking dish is required). If you an oven proof skillet even that will work for this recipe following the same steps as in Dutch oven.
- Variation: If you want to flavor this creamed corn with herbs then ½ tsp dried oregano and 1 tsp chopped fresh basil blends well in it.
- I have provided step wise images in the post above.
Calories: 196kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 26g | Sodium: 89mg | Potassium: 330mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 94IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 33mg | Iron: 2mg