Lentil Broccoli Breakfast Cutlets
These healthy and nutritious Lentil Broccoli Breakfast Cutlets are perfect for any day of the week. It's a make ahead recipe that fits the lunch box menu also. Its an awesome way to feed the protein and the greens to the kids for their complete nourishment.
- 1 cups red lentils (soaked overnight and drained)
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried basil
- Pinch of nutmeg powder
- 1/2 tsp tajin
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs or panko
In a food processor combine lentils and broccoli florets and grind smooth.
Spoon the batter into a mixing bowl and fold in rest of the ingredients (except bread crumbs).
Divide the batter into 10 equal parts. Take one part of the batter and form patty shape between the palms and roll into the bread crumbs.
Repeat the same process for the rest of the batter.
Grease the warm frying pan/griddle with oil or cooking spray and place the cutlets gently without breaking.
Cooking on one side until brown and firm. Flip the cutlet to the other side and cook again until crispy.
With the help of a flat spatula place the cutlets in a serving dish and enjoy with ketchup and a side salad.
- Measure the lentils before soaking.
- Soak red lentil for at least an hour in warm water preferably overnight. If soaking overnight then feel free to soak in normal cold water.
- For gluten free option leave the bread crumbs out. Form the cutlets and directly place them in the greased griddle/frying pan. In this case the cutlet will be soft but will taste as delicious.
- This recipe yields 10 cutlets and the serving size is 2 cutlets per person.
- These cutlets can be made ahead and refrigerated in an air tight container for 3-4 days.
Calories: 169kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 480mg | Potassium: 466mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 241IU | Vitamin C: 34mg | Calcium: 45mg | Iron: 3mg