Tofu Chickpeas Lettuce Wraps
Tofu Chickpeas Lettuce Wraps is made of a combination of plant based protein and fiber. Its a refreshing and crunchy appetizer that is a great salad substitute for any day. It is low in calories and high in nutrition along with being big on flavor.
- 3 whole dry red chilies (deseeded)
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 tsp chopped ginger
- 1 tsp white sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup white of green onions
- 1/4 cup julienned carrots
- 2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 2 cups crumbled tofu (extra firm)
- 1 cup chickpeas/garbanzo beans (boiled and drained)
- 3/8 tsp salt
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
Soak the whole red chilies in warm water for 10 minutes. Then grind it into a smooth paste and keep it aside.
Heat olive oil in a nonstick pan/wok and add garlic, ginger and sesame seeds.
Then add white of green onions into the pan and saute well.
Thereafter, mix in carrots , chili paste, soy sauce and vinegar.
Afterwards, fold in crumbled tofu and let it cook covered for 2 minutes.
Later, add chickpeas, salt and maple syrup. The mix it very well and cook again covered for 2 minutes.
Lastly, add cilantro and mix again.
Now, serves the tofu chickpeas mix on fresh lettuce with a lemon wedge on the side.
- If you like a spicy wrap increase the dry chilies to 5 instead of 3.
- Make sure to use pressed tofu to get the meaty texture of tofu in the wrap.
Calories: 161kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 1g | Sodium: 242mg | Potassium: 7mg | Calcium: 2mg | Iron: 0.1mg