Peanut Butter Banana Amaranth Cookies
These vegan and gluten free Peanut Butter Banana Amaranth Cookies are a perfect choice to satisfy sweet tooth in a nutritious way. These cookies are high in fiber and protein along with delicious flavors.
- 1 cup amaranth flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 large ripe bananas (mashed)
- 1/4 cup fresh ground peanut butter
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Preheat oven at 350 degree Fahrenheit and prepare a cookie with a greased parchment paper.
In a large mixing bowl combine amaranth flour, baking powder and salt. Then, whisk it well until no lumps are left. Then, set it aside.
In another bowl combine mashed banana, peanut butter, maple syrup and vanilla and whisk it until all the ingredients are well blended.
Now, fold in the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well with a spatula.
Thereafter, with the help of a cookie scoop place the round shaped cookies on the prepared cookie sheet. Do not flatten the cookies and let it take its own shape.
Afterwards, place the cookie sheet in the middle rack of the oven and bake it for 30 minutes or until it turns a golden - light brown color and the top of the cookie is dry.
Turn off the oven and take out the cookies. Let it cool down completely and enjoy them with a glass of milk/coffee.
- Refrigerate the leftover cookies in an air tight for 4-5 days.
- Amaranth flour has a mild bitter taste of its own. So when combined in this recipe these cookies have a strong amaranth flavor once they cool down. It takes a while to get used to the taste of amaranth.
- Make sure that the bananas in this recipe are ripe but not over ripe.
- The peanut butter that I used in this recipe is unsalted and unsweetened.
- These cookies would be slightly grainy in texture after they are baked. That is because of the texture of amaranth flour. However, as they cool down these cookies would be crispier also.
Calories: 125kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 4g | Sodium: 61mg | Potassium: 210mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 25IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 46mg | Iron: 1mg