Mushroom Avocado Toast
Crispy and satisfying, Mushroom Avocado Toast is a combination of umami flavors of mashed creamy avocado and herbed mushrooms on your favorite bread. Its easy, quick and a perfect savory breakfast.
- 4 slices of whole grain bread (toasted)
- 1 medium ripe avocado
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 1 whole jalapeno (chopped)
- 3 tbsp coconut milk
- salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- freshly squeezed lemon juice (few drops)
In a nonstick pan heat oil and toss mushrooms. Sauté once and let it cook at medium – high flame covered for 2-3 minutes. Remove the lid and mix again scraping from the bottom. Let it cook again until they release liquid and dry up and are brown in color.
Add, thyme, salt, pepper and paprika. Sauté for 30 seconds.
Pour in coconut milk and sauté continuously at high flame until the liquid is absorbed. Turn it off and keep it aside.
In a mixing bowl, scoop avocado from its skin and discard the seed.
Add jalapeno, basil, coconut milk, salt pepper and lemon juice to it and smash it with a fork or use your hands. Keep it aside.
Place toasted bread slices on the serving plates. Spread the mashed avocado on each slice and then top them generously with sautéed mushrooms.
Garnish with hempseeds and drizzle few drops of freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- I used whole grain bread but you may use any bread of your choice.
- sliced shitake or sliced white mushroom also works here in place of sliced baby bella mushrooms.
- this recipe makes 4 slices and the serving size is one slice per person.
Calories: 235kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 4mg | Potassium: 84mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 354IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 19mg | Iron: 1mg