Vegan Cranberry Orange Bread
Moist and fluffy, this Vegan Cranberry Orange Bread is mildly sweetened and has a subtle tart flavor. It’s yeast free, oil free and made with healthier ingredients yet packed with flavors.
- 3 mandarin seedless oranges (peeled)
- 1/2 inch root ginger
- 1/4 cup flax meal (soaked in 1/2 cup warm water)
- 3/4 cup + 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups oat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 orange zest
Preheat oven at 350-degree Fahrenheit and prepare a standard size ( 8 ½ inch ) bread pan with parchment paper. Keep it aside. Make sure flaxmeal is soaked and is thickened like jelly.
Combine oranges and ginger in a blender and blend it smooth (do not add any water). Strain with the help of a strainer. Press the pulp well with a spoon to squeeze out as much juice as possible and keep the juice aside. Discard the remaining pulp.
In the soaked flaxmeal combine orange juice, vanilla extract, maple syrup and whip it well.
In another large mixing bowl combine oat flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix it well and keep it aside.
Now, fold in the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whip it into a thick batter.
Fold in cranberries and mix the batter. Then add orange zest to it. Fold again only twice and pour it into the prepared bread pan.
Place it in the middle rack of the oven and bake it for 50 minutes. Insert a tooth pick to check if it comes out clean. Tur it off and take it out. Let it cool down in the bread pan on a flat surface for 10minutes.
Gently pull it out along with the parchment paper and let it cool completely on a wire rack. Slice and enjoy.
- This taste best when served the same day. Let it cool completely at room temperature and refrigerate the leftovers in a glass container for about 1 week.
- If it gets slightly discolored the next day, don’t worry, its normal. It’s because of fermentation and the combination of ingredients.
- For the best experience of taste, toast a slice in a toaster oven and smear it with vegan butter and slightly drizzled with maple syrup.
- This is a bread recipe not a cake recipe so its mildly sweetened.
- Grease the bread pan with a cooking spray and then stick the parchment paper to it. This prevents it from moving when pouring the batter in the pan and the batter takes a nice shape too.
- When choosing oranges do not go the large ones. I used California mandarin seedless oranges from cuties.
- This recipe makes thick 9 slices and the serving size is 1 slice per person.
Calories: 196kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 196mg | Potassium: 275mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 178IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 80mg | Iron: 1mg