Vegan Pumpkin Pancakes
These one bowl Vegan Pumpkin Pancakes are flavored with warm spices and makes perfectly healthy Fall breakfast. Its soft, fluffy and an easy recipe to enjoy with your family.
In a large mixing bowl soak flaxmeal until it thickens well. Add, plant milk, vanilla extract, pumpkin puree and maple syrup to it. Whip it well.
Now, add the rest of the dry ingredients (whole wheat flour, baking powder, hempseeds, salt, pumpkin pie spice) and fold it with a spatula until a thick but soft batter is formed. (Make sure all the ingredients are well blended with each other).
Heat a griddle or a nonstick pan and grease it well with a cooking spray.
Pour about ¼ cup of the batter at the center and shape it round. Let it cook at medium-high until the edges starts to dry and a net like bubbles form at the top.
With the help of a flat spatula flip it gently to the other side and cook again for 3-4 minutes or until it cooks well through inside and dark brown in color. Once the pancake releases itself touch, with the help of spatula/tongs cook the sides of pancakes by rotating it from all sides. It tastes best when coked from all sides.
Repeat the above two steps for the rest of the batter. Place them on the serving plates. Garnish with your choice of toppings and serve.
- These can be refrigerated for about 2 weeks in an air tight container.
- Substitute: replace soaked flaxmeal and maple syrup with 2 large mashed bananas. Make sure to cook well until dark brown in color so that these pancakes are cooked from inside. Here, make sure to include maple syrup in your toppings to balance out the sweetness. In this case refrigerate for 4-5 days and warm it up nicely before consuming.
- To make it absolutely nut free oat milk works great here.
- This recipe makes 8 pancakes and the serving size is 2 pancakes per person.
- The nutritional value will vary depending on your choice of toppings.
Calories: 213kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 9g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 300mg | Potassium: 450mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 9536IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 112mg | Iron: 3mg