Air Fryer Avocado Fries
These easy Air Fryer Avocado Fries are creamy from inside and crispy from outside. It’s made with few simple ingredients and is a crowd pleaser vegan snack or appetizer.
Make a slight cut vertically on the avocado with a sharp knife. Separate the two pieces. With the knife make thin slices vertically then cut it once horizontally from the middle while its still with the skin. Now with the help of a spoon gently scoop each sliced avocado from its skin. Keep it aside.
In a bowl, combine chickpea flour, salt, garlic powder, chili powder and water. Whip it into a smooth batter. Keep panko crumbs ready in a separate flat plate.
Now, put the all the avocado slices in the chickpea flour batter. Do not mix it too much or else it will become mushy. Gently, roll each slice in the batter or cover each slice with the batter roughly with a spoon without handling avocado too much. Pick it with a fork from the bottom and roll it generously in panko crumbs. Place it immediately in the air fryer basket.
Repeat the above step with the rest of the avocado slices.
Attach the air fryer basket to the air fryer and turn it on at 350 degree for 10 minutes. When done, turn it off and detach the basket. Serve immediately with your favorite dip.
- Baking option: Preheat oven at 375-degree Fahrenheit and prepare a baking sheet with a parchment paper. Place all the breaded avocado slices on the prepared baking sheet and place it in the middle rack of the oven. Bake it for 20 minutes and turn it off. Take it out and enjoy immediately. (Do not exceed the baking time).
- Also, do not exceed the air fryer time as well. If cooked for longer avocadoes may turn bitter from inside.
- It’s a filling recipe so be careful of the serving size.
- This recipe tastes best when served immediately.
- Make sure to buy ripe but firm avocado for the best results.
- 1 large avocado serves 4.
Calories: 110kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 359mg | Potassium: 331mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 151IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 25mg | Iron: 1mg