These oil free vegan Pear Muffins come together easily and are packed with juicy fruit, whole grains and warm spices. It’s a delicious way to start your day and a perfect snack on the go. It’s naturally sweetened, healthier and a make ahead recipe.
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- 1/4 cup flaxmeal (soaked in 1/2 cup warm water)
- 1 cup pitted dates (soaked in warm water)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened dairy free milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped green pears
Preheat oven at 350-degree Fahrenheit and prepare a muffin tray with the muffin liners. In a mixing bowl combine brown rice flour, almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cardamom. Mix well with a spoon and keep it aside.
Drain the dates with the help of a colander/strainer. In a blender, combine dates with dairy free milk and vanilla extract and blend them smooth.
In a large bowl, combine the blended dates, soaked flaxmeal and apple cider vinegar. Whip it well until all the wet ingredients are well blended.
Fold in flour mix into the wet ingredients and whip it into a dough like batter.
Toss in chopped pear and mix again very nicely.
Now, with the help of an ice cream scoop fill the muffin lines with the batter till the top. Decorate it with more pear slices if desired or leave it as is.
Place it in the middle rack of the oven for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes when the muffins start to brown at the top shift the muffin tray to the bottom rack of the oven and bake again for another 5 minutes. Turn it off and let it rest in the hot oven for 2 minutes. Take it out and place it on a flat surface. Let it cool a bit and remove the muffins from the tray carefully since it will be very hot and place each muffin on a cooling rack. Once cooled, enjoy.
- How to soak flaxmeal: combine flaxmeal and warm water in a bowl and continuously whip it with a spoon until it thickens and form jelly like consistency. Keep it aside until ready to use.
- How to store: once they are cooled to room temperature completely, refrigerate along with the muffin liners in an air tight container. Each of them should be placed individually in a single layer and not stacked.
- Fill up your ice cream with the batter nicely so the it fills the muffin liners to the top.
- The batter will be thick but don’t worry the pear will release its juice while mixing which will make the batter little lighter in consistency but it should like a cookie dough batter.
Calories: 157kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 142mg | Potassium: 101mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 44mg | Iron: 1mg