Watermelon Ice Cream
This 4 ingredient Watermelon Ice Cream recipe is a no churn summer dessert. It’s a simple vegan delight for all ages. Healthy and light yet packed with refreshing delicious flavors.
- 3 cups heaped frozen watermelon chunks (see notes)
- 1/2 cup oat milk
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- pinch of salt
Combine all the ingredients in a food processor and grind until its smooth and creamy.
Spoon it out in a loaf pan and freeze it for at least 3 hours and until it is frozen to your desired consistency.
Scoop with an ice cream scoop and enjoy.
- It stays fresh in the freezer for 2-3 weeks.
- To freeze watermelon – make sure to buy firm watermelon but sweet. Then cut into chunks. Drain the excess liquid and place the chunks in a Ziploc back. Gently, place them flat in the freezer making sure there are no obstacles. Also, do not place anything on it. Let it freeze overnight. When ready take it out and grind immediately as directed.
- Follow step 1 from the instructions and churn it into your ice cream maker and enjoy immediately.
- Skip freezing the watermelon and blend all the ingredients in a blender. Then, churn in your ice cream as per the manufacturer’s instructions. Once reach the desired consistency of being frozen and creamy and smooth, spoon it out in a loaf pan and freeze again for 2-3 hours or until well frozen.
Calories: 50kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Sodium: 10mg | Potassium: 25mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 41IU | Calcium: 36mg | Iron: 1mg