Tempeh Stir Fry
This easy vegan Tempeh Stir Fry is a perfect weeknight dinner or leftover lunch for the next day. It’s made with simple ingredients and is packed with delicious Chinese flavors.
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup broccoli florets (blanched)
- 1/2 cup red onion (chopped into big square pieces)
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper (chopped into big square pieces)
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper (chopped into big square pieces)
In a mixing bowl combine all the sauce ingredients and whip it smooth making sure there are no lumps.
Toss the chopped tempeh in the sauce and marinate for 5 minutes.
Heat oil in a nonstick pan and place marinated tempeh on it with the help of tongs or fork. Save the sauce for later use. Cook tempeh from all sides until its brown in color and well cooked from all sides (Tempeh should be slightly on the overcooked side). With the help of tongs take out the tempeh pieces in a separate plate and keep aside.
In the same pan sauté broccoli for 2 minutes at medium heat.
Now, sauté onions, red and green bell pepper in it for another 2 minutes.
Pour in the remaining sauce over the veggies and quickly mix in the cooked tempeh. Fold everything properly and turn it off. Garnish with sesame seeds and serve with steamed rice.
- for blanching broccoli – bring water to a boil in a saucepan and place broccoli florets in it. Let it cook for 2 minutes. Turn it off and drain using a strainer or a sieve. Let it cool down a bit and use as directed.
- Refrigerate the leftovers in an air tight container for 2 weeks.
Calories: 198kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Sodium: 772mg | Potassium: 258mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 825IU | Vitamin C: 66mg | Calcium: 67mg | Iron: 1mg