Strawberry Cheesecake Brownies
These oil free Strawberry Cheesecake Brownies are a vegan treat with fudgy chocolaty base with a tang and swirled with homemade cream cheese and berry compote. It’s the ultimate dessert that is gluten free and nut free.
for the cheesecake swirl
- 1/4 recipe of vegan cream cheese
- 1 tsp granulated white sugar
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
Preheat oven at 350-degree Fahrenheit and prepare an 8-inch square baking dish by greasing it and then stick a parchment paper to it. In a blender combine strawberries, oat milk, vanilla extract, dates, chia seeds and blend it smooth. Keep it aside.
In a large microwavable bowl combine chocolate chips and microwave it for 1 minute. Pause and take it out. Stir with a spatula. If its not melted microwave again for 30 seconds. Pause and stir again. If needed microwave it again for another 30 seconds. Take it out and stir with a spatula vigorously so that it melts evenly.
Stir the blended strawberry into the melted chocolate until well blended.
Fold in brown rice flour, baking powder and salt to it. Mix it well with a spatula until a thick but soft batter is formed. (it should be a thick pouring consistency). Pour the batter at the center of the baking dish and spread it evenly with the back of the spatula. Keep it aside.
For the swirl
Blend all the ingredients of the vegan cream cheese ( link provided in the ingredients) and spoon it out in a bowl. Stir in granulated white sugar. If using store bough vegan cream cheese then measure ¼ cup of it and stir in sugar. Keep it aside.
In a nonstick pan combine strawberries and maple syrup. Turn on the heat and cook for 3-4 minutes or until strawberries are mushy. Stir continuously to avoid over cooking. Remove from heat and let it settle for2 minutes.
Top small drops of cream cheese on the batter which is settled in the baking pan at random intervals. Use a small spoon to make sure the dots are small.
Top it with cooked strawberries randomly with the help of a spoon.
With the help of a toothpick or a chopstick swirl and design the top of the batter and bake it in the middle rack of the oven for 35 minutes. Turn it off and let it settle in the warm oven for 3 minutes. Take it out and place it flat in the refrigerator for 5 minutes. (it should not be cold but cool enough to be able to pick the baking pan without gloves). Gently pullout the parchment paper along with the brownies and place it on a flat surface. Slice and enjoy.
- I have used my own vegan cream cheese which worked excellent here. You may blend the whole recipe. Measure ¼ cup of it and stir in 1 tsp sugar as mentioned in this recipe sugar. Refrigerate the leftovers for future use as a spread over bagels or toast.
- Store bought vegan cream cheese can also be used here but measure it to ¼ cup and stir in sugar.
- You may cook strawberries for the swirl at the beginning of this recipe and keep it aside at room temperature.
- For better time management - First blend the cream cheese and keep aside so that it thickens and blends well with the taste. You may blend this cream cheese a day ahead because it can be refrigerated for weeks. Preheat oven while cooking the strawberries and also blend the liquid ingredients of the batter. Then, melt the chocolate and follow the rest of the recipe so as to assemble quickly.
- soak dates for only 5 minutes as long as they are soft enough to blended easily.
- This recipe serves 9 big slices and the leftovers can be refrigerated for about 3 weeks in an air tight glass container.
Calories: 274kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Sodium: 76mg | Potassium: 115mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 41IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 56mg | Iron: 1mg