Vegan Lemon Cookies
These oil free Vegan Lemon Cookies are soft and chewy inside and slightly crisp outside. These are easy, fast and filled with zesty flavors in every bite. It’s a perfect dessert to satisfy sweet cravings in a healthier way and at all ages.
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/8 cup + 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp lemon extract
- lemon zest of 1 lemon
Preheat oven at 350-degree Fahrenheit and prepare a cookie sheet with parchment paper. In a mixing bowl combine all the dry ingredients and mix it well making sure that there are no lumps.
In a blender combine all the wet ingredients and blend it smooth.
Now, fold in wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whip it very well. Let it stand for 2 minutes as this will thicken the batter a bit.
Now, with the help of a cookie scoop place the cookies on the prepare cookie sheet keeping 1 inch gap between each cookie. While baking they will melt and spread so we need to keep space between each cookie.
Place the cookie sheet in the middle rack of the oven and bake it for 25-30 minutes or until the bottom of the cookies are golden in color. Once done, take it out and turn off the oven. Place the cookie sheet on a flat surface and let them cool completely and enjoy.
- For crispier cookies: After 25 minutes place the cookie sheet at the bottom rack and let it bake for another 10 minutes. This will make the outside a bit crisp while keeping them soft from inside.
- They taste excellent when served the same day. Store the leftovers in an air tight container at room temperature for about a week. Simply place them in a toaster oven and toast it for 1 minute. Let it cool and the outside will become slightly crisp while the inside would be soft.
- For glaze option: In a mixing bowl combine ¼ cup granulate sugar and 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice. Whip it very well until sugar dissolves. Then drizzle over the cookies. It is important to note that this drizzle will change the nutrition facts f these cookies.
- Banana should be ripe but not over ripe or else the taste might change.
Calories: 114kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 50mg | Potassium: 68mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 57mg | Iron: 1mg