Thai Red Curry Vegetables
This oil free vegan Thai Red Curry Vegetables is easy to make and totally customizable. Its healthier and better than the takeout. Simply make it from scratch and enjoy this deliciousness in the comfort of your home.
- 2 tbsp scallions/green onions
- 1/2 of large red bell pepper (sliced)
- 1/2 of large or 3/4 of small green bell pepper (sliced)
- 1 cup sliced Bella mushrooms
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped baby corn
- 1/2 of large or 1 small tomato (sliced)
- 1 cup blanched broccoli florets (see notes)
- 1 14oz extra firm tofu (drained, pressed and chopped)
In a blender combine all the ingredients of the sauce and blend it smooth (about 3-4 minutes).
Heat a nonstick pan and pour the sauce in it. Stir and cook covered at high for 3-4 minutes. Then bring the flame to medium and continue cooking for 5 minutes or until it starts to thicken. Stir at intervals of 2 minutes to avoid any sticking at the bottom.
Remove the lid and add scallion, red and green bell peppers and mushrooms. Stir and cook covered for 5-7 minutes or until the mushrooms are soft and properly cooked.
Add baby corn, tomatoes, broccoli florets and cook uncovered for 2-3 minutes at medium flame. Stir once or twice to make sure all vegetables are well coated with the sauce.
Add chopped tofu, basil leaves and salt. Mix gently without breaking tofu. Then add maple syrup, ¼ cup coconut milk, lemon juice. Stir and cook uncovered for 4-5 minutes, make sure to gently mix twice at intervals.
Turn it off and garnish with sriracha sauce and crushed chili flakes as per taste. Serve with steamed rice/brown rice/quinoa.
- To blanch broccoli florets – boil water in a saucepan and place a steamer on it. Then place the florets and steam covered for few minutes or until the florets are soft. Or simply boil some water, add broccoli florets to it and boil for 1-2 minutes. Turn it off and drain.
- I used coconut milk that comes in tetra pack just like any other regular milk.
- Make sure to use unsweetened coconut flakes and blend it well. Do not be in a rush and blend for 3-4 minutes in a high-speed blender.
- This recipe tastes best when served the same day. However, refrigerate the leftovers in an air tight glass container for about a week
Calories: 242kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 35g | Sodium: 528mg | Potassium: 444mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 21IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 3mg