Butternut Squash Pasta
This creamy and flavorful Butternut Squash Pasta is a delectable Fall meal. Its easy to make and is comforting in every bite. It is vegan and loaded with aromatic herb sage, walnuts and simple seasonings.
- 3/4 cups butternut squash chunks
- cooking spray
- salt as per taste
- Freshly ground black pepper (as per taste)
Preheat oven at 400-degree Fahrenheit and prepare a baking sheet with a parchment paper. In a mixing bowl combine all the ingredients for roasting the squash and mix it well with a spoon. Place them on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes or until its brown and crisp from outside and soft from inside.
In the meanwhile, combine all the sauce ingredients in a stockpot/sauce pan. Stir and cook covered until butternut squash softens. Turn it off cool down a bit.
Blend it either with an immersion blender in the pot or in a standing blender.
Heat a nonstick pan, melt vegan butter and add sage leaves and walnuts to it at low – medium heat. Sauté for 2 minutes (we do not want to overcook at this point).
Toss in angel hair pasta and salt and mix well.
Pour the sauce on it and toss it again very nicely.
Turn it off, taste test the salt at this point and adjust as per your taste. Serve the pasta in the serving plate. Top it with roasted butternut squash and serve immediately.
For roasting butternut squash options:
For oil free option:
- Air fry option – after mixing the squash in a bowl place them in the air fryer basket and attach it to the air fryer. Bake them at 400 degree for about 8-10 minutes or until crispy and brownish.
- For toaster oven option – After mixing squash in a mixing bowl place them in a baking sheet and turn it on the toaster mode. Toast it for 10 minutes or until crispy and brownish.
- Roast the squash without cooking spray as explained above.
- Put about 2-3 sage leaves in the boiling sauce and then blend it as explained above. Once it is blended pour the sauce over the cooked angel hair pasta/thin spaghetti and toss it very well. Top it with chopped walnuts roasted butternut squash.
- This recipe tastes best when served immediately because the pasta will absorb all the sauce.
Calories: 356kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 433mg | Potassium: 97mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 392IU | Calcium: 11mg | Iron: 1mg