Spicy Beet Burger
This vegan Spicy Beet Burger is bursting with color and flavor. Its soft and chewy from inside and perfectly crisped from outside. Its absolute scrumptious, oil free and versatile enough to be cooked in a skillet on stove top or Air fried!
Preheat oven at 400-degree Fahrenheit and prepare a baking sheet. Peel the beetroots and roughly chop them and place the pieces in the food processor. Now, in the crush mode simply process them until well shredded.
Combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl (including the shredded beets) and mix with your hand to make a soft dough.
Divide the dough into 4 equals parts. Take one part between palms and make a tight round ball gently pressing from the center to flatten them and make patties. Place them on the baking sheet. Then, bake them in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Take it out and flip the burger patties with a spatula. Then place the baking sheet again in the oven and bake for another 10 minutes or until evenly crispy.
Turn it off and take them out. Assemble them between buns with salad and dressing/dips and serve immediately.
- Stove top – grease the cast iron skillet very well. Place the patties and cook until it becomes firm and cooks well from the bottom. Flip them over with a spatula and cook again until brownish in color.
- Air fry – place the patties in the air fryer basket and attach it to the air fryer. Turn it on at 400 degree and air fry for 20 minutes. Pause and take the basket out. Flip them over with spatula and air fry again for another 3-4 minutes or until well-cooked from inside.
- Refrigerate – leftovers can be refrigerated in an air tight container for about 3 weeks.
- Freeze – once the patties are well cooked and absolutely cooled down to room temperature, seal them in a Ziplock bag and freeze them for about 2 months. When ready take them out, defrost and re-bake, air fry or microwave.
- This recipe yields 4 big burger patties and the serving size is 1 patty per person.
- I have provided the nutritional value of the patties without the buns. The nutritional value would vary depending on the buns and dressing you use.
Calories: 86kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 33mg | Potassium: 478mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 24mg | Iron: 2mg