Oil Free Vegan Blueberry Muffins
These Oil Free Vegan Blueberry Muffins are soft, fluffy and a delightful treat! It’s made with the combination of whole grain oat flour and flaxmeal making it absolutely nut free.
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup dry old fashioned oats
Preheat oven at 350-degree Fahrenheit and prepare the muffin tray with muffin liners. In a mixing bowl combine the dry ingredient sand keep it aside.
In another mixing bowl combine sugar in soaked flaxmeal and beat it with an electric hand mixer until it is soft and fluffy (about 4 minutes).
Add vanilla extract, apple cider vinegar and oat milk in it and beat it again with electric hand mixer for 2-3 minutes.
Now, combine dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and beat it with electric hand mixer at the minimum speed until well blended (about 1-2 minutes).
Fold in 1¼ cups blueberries in the batter and mix with a spatula.
Now, pour the batter into each muffin liner filling them about 3/4th of the liner. Then, sprinkle each muffin with dry oats and top them with the leftover ¼ cup blueberries. Place the muffin tray in the middle rack of the oven and bake it for 20 minutes. At this stage insert a toothpick in one muffin and if it comes out dry turn off the oven and take the muffin tray out or else bake for another 5 minutes but do not over bake and do not exceed 25 minutes. (The toothpick might come out colored because of the blueberries but it should be dry).
- To soak flax meal – first in a mixing bowl soak flaxmeal and water. Mix it and then turn on the oven and mix the dry ingredients and prepare the muffin tray. In total it should be soaked for at least 10 minutes or if possible, for 15 minutes.
- If you plan to try with gluten free oat flour the baking time would vary between 25-30 minutes.
- While mixing the dry ingredients make sure to that baking soda does not have any lumps. If required you may rub the flour mixture with your hands to ease out the soda lumps and even mixing.
- These muffins taste best immediately out of the oven when it is warm. The leftovers can be refrigerated for about 2 weeks in an air tight container.
- This recipe makes 12 muffins and the serving size is 1 muffin per person.
Calories: 180kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 158mg | Potassium: 116mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Calcium: 29mg | Iron: 1mg