Carrot Oatmeal Smoothie Bowl
This refreshing Carrot Oatmeal Smoothie Bowl is absolutely a delightful breakfast. It is easy to whip up and a nutritious morning meal.
- 1/4 cup quick oats (dry)
- 3/4 cup water
- 4 pitted Mejdool dates
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 3 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup mango chunks
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh plums
In a microwave safe bowl combine oats and water and cook for a minute. (Can be cooked on stove top also). Let it cool.
In a blender add cooked oatmeal along with carrots, dates and almond milk and blend until smooth.
Divide the smoothie into 4 bowls and add the toppings (chia seeds, hemp seeds, mangoes and plums) as per your preferred order.Serve immediately.
- I like my smoothie bowl of slightly thin consistency due to oats content in it. If you like thicker consistency for your smoothie bowl then reduce the quantity of almond milk as per your preference.
- Old fashioned oatmeal or steel cut oatmeal can also be used in the same measurement but follow the cooking instruction on the package.
- Frozen mangoes and plums can also be used but make sure to thaw them properly.
- This smoothie bowl tastes best when served immediately.
Calories: 214kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 28mg | Potassium: 138mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 4432IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 42mg | Iron: 1mg