Thai Curry Pasta Salad
This Thai Curry Pasta Salad is loaded with authentic flavors. Its rich, creamy and satisfying in every bite which makes it a complete crowd pleaser.
For the dressing
- 1 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 cup raw cashew nuts
- 2 fresh basil leaves
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 1/4 tsp ginger powder
- 1/4 tsp coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp yellow mustard powder
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tsp white sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp lime/lemon juice
For pasta salad
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 3 cups cooked penne pasta (regular/whole grain)
- 1/2 cup chopped baby corn
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup shelled edamame
Heat a sauce pan and combine all the dressing ingredients to it except salt and lime juice. Let it boil for 5- 7 minutes. Keep stirring at intervals. When it slightly thickens and coconut flakes are visible on the surface turn off the flame and let it cool completely.
Once cooled blend the dressing in a blender until smooth and creamy. Now pour the dressing into a bowl and mix in salt and lime juice. Keep it aside.
In a mixing bowl combine all the salad ingredients and toss in the dressing.Serve and enjoy.
- This dressing recipe yields about 1 ½ cups.
- The dressing can be stored in an air tight glass container in the refrigerator for a week. But definitely fresh dressing tastes way better.
Calories: 595kcal | Carbohydrates: 79g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 25g | Sodium: 315mg | Potassium: 322mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 126IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 27mg | Iron: 3mg