Tofu Steak Spaghetti
This Tofu Steak Spaghetti is a delightful combination of crispy vegan protein and saucy carbohydrate. Its lip smackingly satisfying and delicious in every bite.
For tofu steak
Preheat oven at 400-degree Fahrenheit and prepare a baking sheet and mix all the steak ingredients (except tofu) in a mixing bowl.
Then, roll each slice of tofu into the mixture generously and place them on the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle more steak mixture on each tofu slices (about 1 tbsp) and place the baking sheet in the oven. Spray them with cooking spray so as to avoid drying up.
Next, bake it for 30 minutes or until golden brown and crispy from outside.
Melt butter in a nonstick pan and add garlic,oregano, chili flakes and nutritional yeast. Mix it.
Now add vegetable stock and coconut milk and stir. Cook covered on low - medium flame for 10 minutes or until first couple of boils. Stir at intervals of 2 minutes so as to avoid any milk curdle. Season it with salt and black pepper and mix again.
Toss in cooked spaghetti and capers.
Turn it off. Let it rest covered for about 5 minutes. Assemble spaghetti and tofu steak in a serving plate and sprinkle some more steak mixture if desired. Enjoy!
- For Air Fry option: Mix all the steak ingredients (except tofu) in a bowl and follow step 2 of tofu steak. Then place each tofu slice in Air fryer basket. Cover each slice with more steak mixture and spray them with a cooking spray for crispier steak. Air fry them at 350 degree for 15 minutes or until golden brown in color.
- There should be about 4 thick tofu slices or up to 6 slices depending on your choice of thickness.
- This recipe tastes best when served immediately. If kept longer tofu steak softens quite a bit. Spaghetti also absorbs its sauce.
- I recommend using thin spaghetti for this recipe over regular one so that the spaghetti is not overwhelming the flavors of this entire dish.
- 1/2 of 16 oz pack of uncooked spaghetti = 4 cups cooked spaghetti
Calories: 461kcal | Carbohydrates: 52g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 27g | Sodium: 355mg | Potassium: 481mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 435IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 73mg | Iron: 4mg