Baked Cashew Cream Vegetable Pasta
Baked Cashew Cream Vegetable Pasta is packed with delicate flavors and loaded with nutrition.
For cashew cream
- 1/2 cup raw cashew nuts
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried garlic
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped colored bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped baby corn
- 1/2 cup sliced olives
- 1 cup water
- 3 cups fusilli (whole grain/ancient grain/regular/GF)
- Salt as per taste
- 1 cup vegan mozzarella cheese (shredded)
In a blender combine cashew nuts and water. Blend it smooth until creamy and keep it aside.
Preheat oven at 400 degree Fahrenheit and prepare a baking dish.
Heat oil in a pan and add garlic, basil and oregano. When it starts to warm add chopped onions and saute for 30 seconds.
Now add tomatoes and let it cook covered until tomatoes are mushy.
Add water and cashew cream to it and mix well.
Add all the vegetables and pasta. Mix well again.
Toss in salt and sugar and cook for 30 seconds.
Now spoon the pasta in a baking dish and cover it with vegan mozzarella cheese.
Place the baking dish in the oven and bake it 25 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- I used cashew milk based shredded vegan mozzarella cheese from Pamela Creamery. It’s available in whole foods.
- For this recipe I used quinoa and sorghum fusilli pasta that is available in Costco. However, you may use any pasta of your choice.
Calories: 380kcal | Carbohydrates: 53g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 94mg | Potassium: 222mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 70IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 32mg | Iron: 1mg