Orange Thyme Mocktail
This hydrating and refreshing Orange Thyme Mocktail has sweet and tangy flavor with a subtle aroma of fresh herbs. It fits into almost types diet due to its healthy ingredients.
- 6 small oranges (peeled and seeds removed)
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 1/2 tsp orange extract
- 4 cups pure coconut water
In a blender combine oranges, thyme and orange extract and blend smooth. Strain it thoroughly.
Now pour the orange puree again into the blender and add coconut water and with the mix option blend it again for 2 minutes.
In a bowl combine 1 tsp ginger powder, 1 tbsp. sugar and shake it a bit.
Rub your favorite glass rim with lime wedges and dip the glass into the ginger sugar mixture.
Now fill the glass with ice and garnish with thyme herbs. Pour the mocktail slowly and serve immediately.
- It is important to rub and dip the glass rim to bring out the flavor of the mocktail smoothie.
- If you decide not to garnish your glass rime then while blending the orange puree with coconut water add pinch of ginger powder, some sugar according to taste and 2-3 drops of lime/lemon juice.
- If you don’t plan to serve immediately then store the mocktail smoothie without ice in a glass container in the refrigerator and let it chill and serve when desired but can be stored only for a day.
- If you like your drinks to be on a sweeter side then add sugar according to taste. I prefer my drinks naturally sweetened so that the original flavor of the ingredients are more prominent and so I did not add any extra sugar since the sweet flavor of coconut water was sufficiently sweet for this recipe.
- If blending ginger with the smoothie instead of garnishing the glass rim then fresh ginger may also be used (½ tsp chopped ginger).
Calories: 91kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1mg | Potassium: 209mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 259IU | Vitamin C: 62mg | Calcium: 46mg | Iron: 1mg