Blueberry Semolina Porridge Parfait
This Blueberry Semolina Porridge parfait is perfectly sweetened and made with nutritious ingredients. Its kid friendly and serves perfectly as a dessert or as a breakfast.
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup semolina (Also known as sooji)
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 tsp slivered almonds
In saucepan combine milk, semolina, chia seeds, 2 tbsp. maple syrup, vanilla extract and bring it to a boil.
At the first boil turn off the flame and let the semolina porridge cool down to room temperature.
In the meantime combine blueberries and the rest of the maple syrup in a mixing bowl.
In the serving glasses add the first layer of soaked blueberries, top another layer of semolina porridge, add another layer of soaked blueberries and garnish with slivered almonds.
Put them in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- This recipe tastes best when served immediately.
- Do not get confused between semolina and semolina flour. They are different. I have used semolina which is also known as Sooji in India and is easily available in any Indian store.
- Feel free to try this recipe with cream of wheat by following the same instructions.
Calories: 152kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 3mg | Potassium: 92mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 9g | Calcium: 59mg | Iron: 1mg