Tandoori Broccoli Mushroom Wrap
This craveable Tandoori Broccoli Mushroom Wrap is loaded with the goodness of vegetables and is packed with homemade masala. It’s easy, delicious, satisfying and desirable.
For the marinate
- 1 cup plain unsweetened vegan yogurt (cashew based)
- 1/2 tsp dried garlic
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
- 1/4 tsp dry mango powder (amchur)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt as per taste
- 1 cup broccoli florets (steamed/blanched)
- 1 cup sliced white mushrooms
For the wrap
- 2 tortilla/naan/pita bread (toasted)
In a large mixing bowl combine vegan yogurt, garlic, ginger powder, coriander powder, chili powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder, cardamom powder, dry mango powder, lemon juice and salt. Whip it well until well blended and no lumps.
Now, fold in blanched broccoli and mushrooms. Cover and let it marinate for 30 minutes in the room temperature.
Heat and grease it. Pour the marinated broccoli and mushroom along with the marinade.
Let it cook uncovered on a low – medium flame until the marinate sauce thickens and is almost absorbed leaving the veggies sticky and thick.
Turn off the flame. Place the tortilla/naan/pita bread on a flat surface. Fill it with the tandoori broccoli and mushroom. Sprinkle some red onion slices and wrap it. Enjoy!
- I personally prefer warmed/toasted pita or naan. You may use any gluten free or corn tortillas for this recipe. I personally enjoy this without any tortilla and enjoy it as is to exclude carbs from my diet.
- My family loved it as naan wrap.
- I used cashewgurt from wholefoods. The taste is quite specific to this recipe. However, if you are unable to find cashewgurt then you may use any vegan/regular yogurt of your choice. In that case adjust the lemon juice if your yogurt is tangy enough and may skip dry mango powder if desired.
- Dry mango powder commonly know as amchur in India is easily available in any Indian store.
- The nutritional value of the stuffings only - Calories 93 Fat 5g Carbs 9g Protein 4g
Calories: 225kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 28mg | Potassium: 144mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 484IU | Vitamin C: 43mg | Calcium: 21mg | Iron: 1mg