Black Rice Mango Salad
This refreshing Black Rice Mango Salad is loaded with antioxidants and various flavors. Its perfectly satisfying and very easy to assemble.
- 2 cups forbidden black rice (cooked and cooled)
- 1 1/2 cups ripe mango chunks
- 1 cup finely chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1 tbsp chopped mint leaves
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp salt or per taste
- 1/2 tsp crushed black pepper
Cook black rice as per the package instructions.
In a salad bowl combine all the ingredients and mix very well.
Let it stand for 2 minutes before serving.
- Lemon zest and lemon juice can also be used if desired.
- Make sure to follow the package instructions for cooking black rice properly.
- Fresh or frozen mango chunks can be used.
- Do not use pickled jalapeno or else the salad with become sour. I used fresh jalapeno peppers.
- If jalapeno peppers are not available green chilies can also be used.
- This recipe tastes best when served immediately.
Calories: 319kcal | Carbohydrates: 69g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 2g | Sodium: 1mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin C: 1mg