Pan Seared Tempeh Soup
This oil free Pan Seared Tempeh Soup is a protein packed meal. It is super flavorful with the addition of veggies and yet light on the belly. It's an easily digestible clear soup that's made in few simple steps.
- 1 8 oz pack of original tempeh ( sliced)
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 3/4 cup crinkled carrots
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion (horizontally sliced in round shape)
- 5 fresh mint leaves
- 5 fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 tsp crushed black pepper
- 1/8 tsp ginger powder
- Salt as per taste
Warm a frying pan and grease it with cooking spray. Place the sliced tempeh and cook until golden brown and slightly crispy (keep turning on all sides). Once done keep it aside.
In a saucepan boil the vegetable broth and add the rest of the ingredients (except tempeh).
Just before serving turn off the flame and add tempeh and garnish with lemon wedges.
- Pan seared tempeh an be made ahead of time and refrigerated for about 2-3 weeks.
- Feel free to make the clear soup and refrigerate for about a week. Just before serving warm up the soup thoroughly and tempeh. Assemble and serve.
- I have not seasoned tempeh in this recipe separately because it tastes great when dropped in the soup. However, you may season it with salt while searing it if desired.
Calories: 176kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1296mg | Potassium: 19mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 659IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 4mg | Iron: 1mg