Orange Habanero Pasta
Orange Habanero Pasta is light, healthy and flavorful with a mild tang. Its vibrant color will definitely make you fall in love with it immediately.
For the sauce
- 2 cups peeled oranges
- 1 whole habanero pepper (stemmed and deseeded)
- 1 tsp dried garlic
- 1 tbsp vinegar
For the pasta
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh oregano
- 3/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Pinch of sugar
- Pinch of crushed black pepper
- 2 cups cooked pasta
In a blender combine the ingredients of the sauce and blend extremely smooth. (Strain if desired).
Heat olive oil in nonstick pan and add oregano. Immediately add onions and saute for couple of minutes or until the onions are translucent.
Add green bell pepper and saute for a minute.
Pour the orange habanero sauce and water. Stir nicely
Immediately add salt, sugar and crushed black pepper.
Stir and let it cook uncovered for few seconds.
At the first boil, fold in pasta and toss very well.
Cook again for a minutes. Turn off the flame and serve immediately.
- Habanero pepper is extremely hot so even if cooking for more people make sure to use the pepper sparingly. Start with 1 pepper and increase as per requirement. If you don’t eat spicy food then deseed the pepper and start with half of habanero pepper.
- I used quinoa pasta but feel free to use any pasta of your choice. Macaroni pasta also tastes good in this recipe.
- Dried oregano can also use to substitute fresh oregano.
- This recipe tastes best when served immediately. However, the sauce can be made ahead of time and refrigerated in a glass container for about 2 weeks.
Calories: 231kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 390mg | Potassium: 46mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 5mg | Iron: 1mg