Farro Kidney Beans Balls
This chewy and satisfying Farro Kidney Beans Balls serves excellently for evening tea time snack or as a mid-day snack. It's high in protein and fiber along with being nutritious.
- 1/2 cup uncooked dry Farro
- 1 15oz canned red kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onions
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 1/2 tbsp sun dried tomatoes (not oil packed)
- 2 1/2 tbsp vegan mozzarella cheese (grated/shredded)
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp dried garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp green chili sauce/sriracha sauce
- 1 tbsp vegan bread crumbs/panko
- Salt as per taste
Preheat oven at 350 degree Fahrenheit and prepare a sheet pan by greasing it with a cooking spray.
Cook Farro as per package instructions. Drain the excess liquid and let it cool for few minutes.
Now, combine all the ingredients in the food processor and grind it until it forms a dough like sticky texture.
Spoon it out in a mixing bowl and form 8 balls between palms.
Place them on the sheet pan and bake them for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown in color.
Once done, turn it off and take the sheet pan out of the oven.
Serve immediately with a side salad and ketchup.
- These taste best when served immediately and is hot.
- Pair with ketchup or vegan mayo or tofu sriracha dressing
- For non vegan option you may use regular mozzarella cheese and Italian style breadcrumbs.
- While cooking Farro , follow the package instructions well. Drain out any excess liquid from it once cooked. Cooked Farro should be chewy and soft.
- This recipe makes 8 balls and the serving size is 2 balls per person.
Calories: 109kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 2mg | Potassium: 9mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Iron: 1mg