Sweet Potato Pomegranate Soup
This sweet and tangy flavored Sweet Potato Pomegranate Soup is simply outstanding! Its gluten free yet creamy and satisfying. It's made with few simple ingredients in few easy steps.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried garlic
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 whole sweet potato (peeled and chopped)
- 1 cup pomegranate kernels
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- Salt as per taste
Heat oil in a saucepan and add garlic and basil.
Now add sweet potatoes and saute.
Cook covered until sweet potatoes starts browning and are little tender.
Add pomegranate kernels and cook covered for 30 seconds.
Add vegetable broth and cook for 3-4 minutes.
Turn off the flame and let it cool.
In a blender pour the cooled soup and blend it smooth.
Strain the soup and warm it again. Season with salt some more pomegranate kernels and enjoy.
- If you like your soup to be spicy feel free to add crushed pepper flakes or black pepper to season it.
- Variation: If you want to make it in your Instant Pot then turn it on at saute mode and heat oil. Then add garlic and basil. Immediately add sweet potatoes and saute for 1-2 minutes. Add pomegranate kernels and mix well. Then add vegetable broth and salt.Close the lid and seal the valve. Change the temperature to soup mode or beans/chili mode (default setting) and let it pressure cook. Once done, release the pressure and open the lid. Blend it in a blender or with immersion blender and enjoy.
Calories: 154kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 2358mg | Potassium: 424mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 28g | Vitamin A: 1393IU | Vitamin C: 17mg | Calcium: 32mg | Iron: 1mg