Apple Spinach Soup
This easy and delicious Apple Spinach Soup is made with simple ingredients in few easy steps. Its vegan and gluten free with utmost health in one bowl.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup chopped red apples
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- salt as per taste
- crushed black pepper as per taste
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk (tetra pack)
- 1 tbsp grated vegan cheddar cheese
Heat oil in a sauce pan over a medium flame.
Then saute in apples for 1 minute or until you get its aroma.
Next saute in spinach for 1 minute.
Toss in garlic and mix well.
Add vegetable broth and cook for few minutes. Turn off the flame and let it cool. Blend it smooth in a blender and pour the soup back in the same saucepan.
Warm it again and add salt and pepper.
At the first boil stir in coconut milk and turn off the flame.
Garnish with vegan cheese and serve immediately.
- This soup tastes best when served immediately.
- It can be made oil free. Boil apples, spinach and garlic directly in the vegetable broth and follow the rest of the steps from the instructions.
- This soup can be made in instant pot also. In saute mode follow until step 5. Then close the lid and seal the valve. Change the setting to soup mode and let it pressure cook. Once done, release the pressure and open the lid. Then season it with salt and pepper and stir in coconut milk. Garnish it with cheese and serve it warm.
Calories: 150kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Sodium: 973mg | Potassium: 325mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 3314IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 39mg | Iron: 2mg