Arugula Quinoa Smoothie Bowl
Arugula Quinoa Smoothie Bowl is my favorite morning meal all year round. It's healthy, satisfying and has balanced nutrition to start the day with loads of energy. This colorful smoothie bowl is a mood booster and can be relished by all ages.
For the smoothie
- 3/4 cup baby arugula
- 1 large banana
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup cooked red quinoa
For the toppings
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- 2 tsp hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp chopped walnuts
- 1 tbsp slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup chopped peaches
In a blender combine arugula, banana and almond milk and blend smooth (about1-2 minutes).
Pour the smoothie in a bowl and mix in red quinoa with a spoon.
Add the toppings as per your desired order and enjoy immediately.
- 2 small bananas can be used if you don’t have large banana.
- Make sure your peaches are sweet and ripe or else you can add apples or plums instead of peaches.
- Regular quinoa can also be used instead of red quinoa if desired.
- For thicker smoothie blend baby arugula with ½ cup unsweetened almond milk instead of 1 cup unsweetened almond milk.
Calories: 251kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 4mg | Potassium: 357mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 245IU | Vitamin C: 10.6mg | Calcium: 57mg | Iron: 1.7mg